First uploaded 14 March 2002 as RealMedia file.
Re-uploaded as mp3 file, December 2011
and preaching in Bengal
9 minute informal discourse given
in late December 2001 by
Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj
at our Temple in Dum Dum Park, Calcutta.
This is a continuation of Part
One of this lecture, uploaded yesterday.
- Srila Govinda Maharaj recites part of the Sri Sri Sad-Goswami-Astak composed by Srinivas Acharyya.
- Ramachandra Kaviraj was a friend of Narottam Das Thakur, and a disciple of Srinivas Acharyya.
- Mostly the followers of Mahaprabhu were born in the districts of Burdwan and Nadia, both in Bengal.
- Mahaprabhu defeated others, but he did not preach Krishna consciousness with a proud mood.
- Mahaprabhu went to east Bengal and north Bengal for preaching, as far as Patna.
- Near the Padma River he saw Narottam Thakur's province. There He loudly called thrice, "Narottam," inviting Narottam as His incarnation.
- Narottam Thakur preached Mahaprabhu's conception in the line of Rupa, Sanatan and Jiva Goswamis. His songs are very famous.
- Jahnava Devi gave much affection to Srinivas, Narottam and Shyamananda.
- When Narottam Das Thakur came back and inherited his fathers property, he made big arrangement to install six Deities in different places. Jahnava Devi installed them all. She became the Acharyya of all the Deities' installation.
- Nityananda Prabhu disappeared at that time. But where He and Mahaprabhu disappeared, no one knows.
9+ minutes, 2.2 MB mp3 audio
N.B. To download files (audio, video, QuickTime slides, or any linked file on our websites) to your computer: right-click on the link (or control-click on a Mac) then click on 'Download Link' or 'Save Link As...' or 'Save Target As...' or similar wording.
This is a continuation of Part One
of this lecture, uploaded yesterday.