- The month long festival will be finished tomorrow,
Visvarup Mahotsav. Shaving the head and beard is tomorrow. Today is
Haridas Thakur's disappearance day.
- Our month-long festival started from Jhulan
Yatra Purnima until Visvarup Purnima. At Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math
during this month-long festival happens a marathon of preaching.
- In this present age of Kali-yuga the number
one preachers in the Chaitanya Mahaprabhu Sampradaya are Haridas Thakur
and Nityananda Prabhu.
- Mahaprabhu gave the first charge of preaching
to Nityananda Prabhu and Haridas Thakur in Nadia, Nabadwip Dham.
- Sri Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika mentions Haridas
Thakur to be like Prahlad and Brahma, both.
- So many tortured Haridas Thakur but he was
not defeated by them.
- He was brought up as a Muslim boy.
- At the time of Mahaprabhu's birth Adwaita
Acharya and Haridas Thakur were very happy and dancing. That day was
an eclipse, and millions of people were taking bath in the Ganges
and chanting Krishna Nama.
- Later Adwaita Acharya tested if Mahaprabhu
was really Krishna or not, but all tests were passed.
- Haridas Thakur's connection with Adwaita Acharyya
was very close. Every year Advaita Acharyya gave a feast in remembrance
of his forefathers, and that first plate he gave to Haridas Thakur.
Haridas Thakur objected that he is a mlecha so it is inappropriate,
but Adwaita Acharyya replied that if he will take, crores of Brahmanas
would be satisfied by that.
- Before Mahaprabhu, Ramachandra Khan tried
in several ways to decrease the prestige of Haridas Thakur. Even Mayadevi
herself came to defeat him, but instead she received Harinama, Krishna
- Before Mahaprabhu, one man boldly preached
Krishna consciousness, and he is Haridas Thakur.
- When Mahaprabhu manifested as an Acharyya
of preaching Krishna consciousness, first he chose Haridas Thakur
and Nityananda Prabhu as His left hand and right hand preachers.
- Haridas Thakur cautioned Nityananda about
the nature of Jagai and Madhai, but Nityananda Prabhu told him, "This
is my test. I will give them Harinama then they will be pure."
- Finally Mahaprabhu gave Harinama to them and
they left all sinful activities and became very pious persons. Mahaprabhu,
by the grace of Nityananda Prabhu, rescued the two demons and said,
"If again you will not do sin, I can take all your sinful results
and you will be liberated." In this way Nityananda Prabhu and
Haridas Thakur took a leading part in Mahaprabhu's Pastimes.
- When Mahaprabhu took sannyas and settled that
he would stay in Jagannath Puri, Haridas Thakur said to Mahaprabhu
that He will settle in Puri where mlechas are not allowed, but Mahaprabhu
said He will take him there, and He made the arrangement.
- Finally when Haridas Thakur wanted to leave
his body he prayed to Mahaprabhu that he will leave before the Lord
and that he will see the Lord's face, take His lotus feet on his chest,
and chant His Name at the time of passing away. Haridas Thakur chanted
Krishna's Name all his life, but at the end of his life he chanted
the Name of Sri Krishna Chaitanya.
- Srila Saraswati Thakur corrected some mantras
written in the Scriptures. Acharyya can do such a thing. By these
changes he stressed not only Chaitanya, but Sri Krishna Chaitanya.
- At his disappearance festival, in the Jagannath
Temple Mahaprabhu Himself begged to everyone to give ingredients and
He arranged the festival. All the Maha-Prasad sellers inside the Jagannath
Temple gave so much Prasadam.
- Haridas Thakur tolerated so much for Harinama
Sankirttan. No one can tolerate like him. He was whipped in twenty
two market places. His Pastimes are so glorious. No one's life is
like Haridas Thakur's for preaching Krishna consciousness.
- Mahaprabhu, who is not giving His feet dust
to anyone, gave His feet to the chest of Haridas Thakur.
- In Puri Dham he chanted Harinama under the
Siddha-bakul. Now that tree has passed away due to the very strong
influence of Kali over all.
- Before I give Harinama to anyone I pray to
Haridas Thakur, that I have no capacity but you have full power. You
save his spiritual life. Only as an instrument I am giving it by the
order of Mahaprabhu.